MESSAGE FROM FSI REGARDING COVID-19
Greetings FSI Parents and Athletes,
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting people all over and how we interact. We take the health of our participants and staff very seriously, and will be complying with the CDC and WHO guidelines. With social distancing the recommended way to stop the virus from spreading, Flagstaff Sports Institute has decided to cancel and/or postpone our Injury Prevention and Performance Enhancement Program Training Sessions. Below is how we plan on handling each session.
- Community IPPEP Session 2 w/ Head Coach Jory Walthour at Northland Preparatory Academy. Session started on Tuesday, March 3 and would have ended Thursday, April 9. This session is hereby CANCELED.
- Community IPPEP Session 3 w/ Head Coach Kristi Guy that was scheduled for April 13 at Sinagua Middle School is CANCELED. If you made an online payment already, please let us know so we can refund you the full amount. If you would still like us to keep the registration form and apply it to a later IPPEP session later in the year, please let us know as well. If you do not respond, registrations will be canceled and you will need to re-register for other sessions.
- All-Girl IPPEP w/ Head Coach Jory Walthour that was scheduled for April 8 at Hal Jensen Recreation Center is CANCELED. If you would still like us to keep the registration form and apply it to a later IPPEP session later in the year, please let us know.
- Powwow IPPEP w/ Head Coach Brenda Charley at Puente de Hozho Elementary School. Session started on March 8 and would have ended on Sunday, April 19. This session has already been announced as CANCELED. We still plan on holding this session but at a later date. Please let us know if phone numbers or emails change so that we can let you know when this session will be rescheduled.
- Community IPPEP Sessions 4 and 5 scheduled for June 15 through July 23. These sessions are currently PENDING. We will still be taking registrations but it is subject to change.
- All other IPPEP sessions in the Fall and Winter are also still on track to be held so we are taking registrations for those as well.
- We hope that you and your families are doing well through this unprecedented time and trying to practice healthy behaviors at home! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram as we will be posting workouts for the athletes while they are at home! Also, once we are back to coaching all sessions, we will be following all CDC and WHO guidelines so we can all be part of the effort to keep our athletes as healthy as possible.
We are taking the welfare of your children seriously. We hope this helps you think about your plans over the rest of the year. This is a difficult time for everyone, and we wish everyone well as things change quickly. Stay healthy!!!
The Flagstaff Sports Institute Staff
Multiple-Sport Athletes Become Champions
Click here for more information on the Champions of the Mountain Scholarship Award.